0

What does God want from me in 2015?

Posted by Derrick on 21:07
This is an important question and possibly it is too late to be asking it.

In all honesty, I am not sure. I have never been one for putting forward plans suggesting that they are form God. However, recently, there have been a couple of times when I have stepped up to the plate and shared what I think God is trying to say through me.

On both occasions it has been the right thing to do.

So, what does God want for me? I think he wants me to do a lot more preaching and teaching. To generally get involved more in the church. This is something that pleases me and I do like it when I share God's word. However, I also think that He wants me (and the wife) to get more involved in the wider church in Fort William. Mission is important both locally and globally. I need to sit and pray and pray and think about how I can do this.

Yes, my last Mission Week was a big flop and it hurt me to admit that. It was a big flop because I am a useless organiser. This time it will be different if I go ahead with anything. It will be different because I am better at realising my own strengths and my own limitations. I am willing to ask for help and I know where to ask.

So, any ideas?

Grill a Christian night. Have it in a local venue, ask a couple of the local pastors along, open the floor to any questions. I think that might be a goer.

Pub church. Does what it says on the tin. I am sure there are ways we could do this. (I know it would be difficult for some so maybe a cafe church).

I certainly think some interactive prayer stations will be needed. I will ask the wife to help with that; this is definitely her forte.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates