0

Happy New Year Christians (!)

Posted by Derrick on 20:56
Here is an interesting  annoying article from Newsweek.

http://www.newsweek.com/2015/01/02/thats-not-what-bible-says-294018.html

It is yet again an attack in the mainstream media on Christianity. Please don't think that this is another whinging 'woe is me' post about how all Christians are persecuted. I don't feel persecuted. I do feel got at though. Constantly I here that Christianity is based on lies, Christianity is based on a flawed understanding of the Bible etc. Well, I disagree

The truth is that this article is full of shoddy research, obfuscation and downright lies. The passage about the woman caught in adultery isn't from the earliest documents? No way! Oh, wait a second, every single bible I own acknowledges that fact!. Same for the end of Mark's gospel. There is a pathetic point about the use of 'John answered' in Luke 3:16. If you read Luke 3:15, it is clear that there is a question there.

This sort of thing annoys me. I am not a hate filled, ill educated know nothing. I don't reject everything that is not mentioned in the Bible. I don't pick and choose the verses that I follow of use. I don't follow verses at all. I follow scripture in its entirety.

You see, I am an evangelical fundamentalist. That means I am part of the evangelical tradition and I believe in the fundamentals of the Christian Faith.

1: The divinity of Christ - Jesus Christ is and always will be God
2: The Virgin Birth - Not a problem for me to be believe in, certainly not something too difficult for God to do
3: The blood atonement of Christ - Jesus died on the cross for my sins. Wonderful news
4: The bodily resurrection of Jesus - Jesus was raised bodily from the grave and He lives today.
5: The inerrancy of Scripture - In what it touches and in what it teaches, the Bible is always right.

I am proud of these beliefs and I will stand by them. Holding them does not make me into the horrid beings that the author of the article describes. In fact, I don't think I have ever met someone like that. Someone so intolerant and abusive. A couple of atheists that I have met have been close to it mind you ...

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates