0

Reading plan

Posted by Derrick on 14:17
My beautiful wife bought me a new Bible for Christmas. It is a proclamation Bible, meant to help me prepare sermons and other things like that. It certainly looks like it will do that.

Yesterday I started a reading plan with it. Nothing special, I am simply reading through the book of Acts. I hope to read at least one chapter a day. Yesterday was interesting. I remember being struck by a couple of verses:

Acts 1:15 - it says that the believers numbered about 120. Now I know this was a small number but it certainly opens my eyes to more than just the 11 apostles. It is nice when the Bible is this detailed in what it says.

Acts 1:21 - apparently it was necessary to choose one of the men who have been with us. Is this the correct translation? What does it mean for the position of women? Can they be apostles? Is it limited to simply that position or to others? I shall spend some time thinking about it.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates