0

Self-Validation

Posted by Derrick on 09:20
Please forgive this post but it is something that has been bugging me for a little while. As I have mentioned before, there is a place where I occasionally debate atheists. Recently, one of them has gotten right under my skin and is really annoying me. They constantly criticise my use of history and the skills needed by an historian. This is something that I find really galling as they are not historians. More galling is that they constantly refer to a wikipedia (!) article explaining how historians work. Today, I read the article. As it happens it is exactly what I did in my studies of Luke. Take this quote for example 3.The source whose account can be confirmed by reference to outside authorities in some of its parts can be trusted in its entirety if it is impossible similarly to confirm the entire text. This is in perfect agreement with what I wrote about Luke. Now I am feeling validated (I know it isn't a particularly Christian thing but ah well, just this once) I shall feel better about avoiding the person. I shall of course continue to pray for them.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates