0

Philippians Day 2 verses 1:3-11

Posted by Derrick on 07:35
Philippians 1:3-11
Thanksgiving and Prayer
I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart and, whether I am in chains or defending and confirming the gospel, all of you share in God's grace with me. God can testify how I long for all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus.
And this is my prayer:that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.


Day two and my favourite verse. I love verse six. However it didn't seem to be the one that spoke most to me this morning.

Turning it on its head, it was verse nine. I had a real sense that had Paul been alive today this letter could have been sent to me and the church I go to.

Rarely have I had the feeling that Paul was such a loving person. He's always seemed so aloof and holy to me. Here God seems to say look, he's just like Jesus in John 17. He's praying for you. Yes you reading this on the bus!

I feel special with this. Thank you God for Paul and the other apostles. This is exactly what I need today. I am writing this bit a little later in the day. I have had a good morning. I have had a morning where God was clearly with me. Someone came to see me teach and I think that it went very well. How this relates to Philippians is something that I need to think about. Largely I would say that it comes from knowing there are people out there who are regularly praying for me and this really helps. I know that this is something that I need to work on in order to be praying for others in the way they are praying for me.

Amen lord.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates