0

Philippians readings

Posted by Derrick on 08:02
Philippians 1:1-2
Philippians
Paul and Timothy, servants of Christ Jesus,
To all God's holy people in Christ Jesus at Philippi, together with the overseers and deacons:
Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.


Just a small section here. What is God saying in it? I feel sometimes that we neglect these passages. Especially me. I'm one who loves to contextualise.

Context here is that Paul is in prison. Here he is, in a prison and yet still he is a servant of God.

To all the saints at Philippi. (I'm sure this doesn't exclude the overseers!). It's nice to be part of a community like that. I wonder what saints means and what that word will tell me during the day.

It's nice to start the day with grace and peace from God the father and Jesus the Son.

I do feel peaceful.

Amen Lord.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates