0

#OpenHeaven

Posted by Derrick on 14:20
Don't worry, I shan't be making use of hashtags very often. I have no idea if it works or not on here (probably not, it is google after all and if it isn't their idea they're not massive fans I find!) but wanted, instead, to talk about an experience last night.

It has been a difficult couple of weeks. I have been ill. Then the youngest was ill and finally Mrs Christian Man was ill as well. Hadn't been to church for a couple of weeks. Went yesterday but was doing Sunday School so got my teaching and worship in there.

However, over the last 14 months or so, Christians over a huge area (about 180 miles in length I think) have been meeting every so often to have what they call Open Heaven nights. I finally managed to go last night.

Wow! It started with some really good worship time and then people just shared. No planning, just a group of 40 or so of us open to the Spirit. Lots of pictures and lots of good little talks. I remember one about affirmation. Affirmation of the creeds we hold to. I believe in God the Father. I believe in his only begotten son Jesus Christ. I believe in the Virgin Birth, the resurrection of the dead and the coming judgement. We need to do this every day and keep the creed at the heart of our faith.

It was a lovely night. Lots of worship, lots of spirit movement and lots of fellowship. Too many flags for my liking though!

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates