0

Prophesy

Posted by Derrick on 10:01 in ,
I am going to be brutally honest here; I don't know what to make about prophesy. You see, this weekend at church someone is coming who preaches and gives words to the people in the congregation. Those who have seen him before put great store by the words he has given. I am not doubting that he is a good man, nor that he is in contact with God regularly (certainly more regularly than me) but in my experience the words that are given out are vague and could be adapted to fit many different situations. Surely God wants to communicate clearly to his people? Am I alone in thinking this? Perhaps God is trying to teach me something with these thoughts. I know He speaks to people. I have, in the past, been granted some wonderful visions and some words to share with people. I am so grateful when He does it but do we put too much store by vague pronouncements from 'prophets'? I won't be going to the service on Saturday night, that is for my lovely wife as I went to the Open Heaven meeting the other day plus she isn't having a Bible Study tonight as I have to stay late at work. I am sure she will enjoy it and will have lots to tell me. I will, however, get the opportunity to hear him speak at church on Sunday morning (provided the little lad is helpful enough to us and doesn't make me have to take him into a different room to play!) and I guess I am excited a little. The brutal honesty? What if he does speak directly to God. What if God points out my sins! You know those moments, when God actually seems real... I know he is real but sometimes he has a habit of making himself more real just when I least expect it.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates