0

The body of Christ

Posted by Derrick on 21:36
I remember a little while ago being in a meeting with some of the other leaders at church. I had missed something that had gone on the previous Sunday. Someone was agitated about what had been said regarding communion. Jokingly, I said 'well as long as there's no transubstantiation; that's a deal breaker!'The shocked look I got! Turns out I am not the only one who doesn't believe this! (I am joking by the way, I don't know anyone in the church who does). I was thinking today though about communion (see previous post) and got thinking about what it is I do believe. I am sure that millions have words have been written on this topic. I am not going to waste many more. The bread and wine are symbols. They represent Christ's sacrifice. They are part of a shared experience that can be done anywhere it is needed. I don't have to be a priest, I don't need special training, I simply need bread and wine and some time with Scripture. Do this in remembrance of me and that's what I intend to do ... I found this lovely picture on Instagram.

This baby is off to church to to be communion bread tomorrow! #communionbread #homemadesourdough #sourdough #blessedbread

A photo posted by Emily Reynolds (@emily_s_reynolds) on


0 Comments

Post a Comment

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates