0

Communion on Sunday

Posted by Derrick on 21:20
Had a message from the pastor this afternoon. He needs someone to lead communion on Sunday and he asked if my wife or I would do it. So I am leading it. thing is, despite me not being an Anglican and despite even then having misgivings about the whole 'only a priest can do communion' thing, I am really nervous! Why? I know that Communion is special but is it something that I need to be special for? I well remember in my studies at A Level discussing the differences between Protestant believers and Catholic believers and reading about 'hoc est corpus meum'. This was before I was a Christian and I knew that communion must be something special. When I came to Christ though I realised how very special and how very normal it is. It is a commemoration of the most wonderful thing ever done. It is also a simple thing. A shared meal, some bread and some wine with people we love and with a God who loves us. I need to pray about this (obviously) and hope that I can take the most mundane things and make people realise just how very special those little pieces of bread and those small sips of wine are.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates