0

Growing in God

Posted by Derrick on 10:37
Last Sunday we had to move to a new space. Well, we didn't have to we had decided that we would try somewhere new. Our church is absolutely chock-a-block. Every week we are finding it difficult to have enough space for everyone to be comfortable. Particularly the children. There are a good number of small kids at church and they're often cramped into a space at the back of the room which is, of course, not best for them and distracting for others.

So, we tried the library in town. I hadn't thought that we would do much there. I thought that it wouldn't really be suitable. Once more I was proved wrong by God. The space was excellent. The space we had for the kids was brilliant. Worship went well (and sounded really good outside apparently, alerting people to the fact that there was a church in the centre of town!) and everyone seemed very happy.

We are back in the church this week but I really hope that the Library works out long term.

We were prayed for as well. The leadership team I mean. I guess the term many are using is Elder. I am not sure about that as a term and I don't think I will use it myself but it is a terrifying privilege. Thankfully the ladies on the leadership team have been studying 1 Timothy in their Thursday Bible Study and my lovely wife has helped me so much to think about the role and life of an elder.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates