0

Well, it's official...

Posted by Derrick on 15:20
I am now, officially a leader at church. It was announced on Sunday and there was a good deal of trepidation. It had sort of got out and some people were not happy. I don't know why. I guess that I would say i wasn't ready for leadership but it would seem that the pastor and God think I am. The team actually consists of 3 married couples and I think this is a remarkably good idea. Everyone has someone there who knows them totally; their strengths and their limitations. This means that we are all honest with each other and we can have no secrets from at least one member of the team.

We also all bring different things to the table. Each of us is trained to a different level, with different life experiences and different spiritual journeys to call upon. I am looking forward to seeing where God is going with this leadership team.

Already new things are afoot with the church. We are definitely growing. Church is full every Sunday and we need somewhere bigger. This weekend coming up we are moving into the local library for a service, just to see how it works. I hope it works well but a library will always be a strange place for me to be loud in I guess.

I was preaching yesterday and that, in itself, was something unusual. I was down to preach last week but after writing a sermon (something that was very tough this time) I got to church and someone else had turned up to speak. So I was shunted to this Sunday just gone and it was a good experience. God told me to cross out quite a bit and I was pleased to do so.

The main thrust of the talk was that no matter what the world or the church says you are, of course, fit to be a disciple of Christ. Moreover, he has a specific job for you and there is training available. Put simply I looked at the way he taught us to pray and the way he taught us to love one another.

As always with my sermons, it is the ending that caused me the most difficulty. I never know when to shut up! This time, however, I feel the spirit led me to a perfect ending. You see, no matter how bad your day, how dirty and muddy you are. No matter what covers you, Jesus will still get up from his seat, strip down to the waist and stoop down to wash you clean again.

What a good lord we serve!


Credit @risenapparel

A photo posted by Bible Lock Screens™ App🔹 (@biblelockscreens) on


0 Comments

Post a Comment

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates