0

A new way of worshipping

Posted by Derrick on 12:17
Things have been tough with church recently. Our little one is having her nap at the very time church is on and she has been tired and ratty with us at church. This make me ratty and my saintly wife have to suffer. We want to go to church as a family and we do love doing so but neither my wife nor I are getting what we need from church as one or other of us is not in and the other stresses. So, what we are doing from next Sunday onwards is taking turns to go to church. I will go one week, my wife the next and the three of us will go the week after that (taking every third week in turns to stay out with her if she needs us). This will allow us to spend more time actually in the sanctuary listening to the teaching (which reminds me, I shall attempt to blog a little later about what I heard in the teaching on Sunday just gone) and we can also occasionally use our weeks alone to visit other churches. The teaching that we get at our church really is phenomenal. Biblically sound and relevant to both modern life and to our own particular situations. Sadly, both my wife and I miss the charismatic elements of the churches that we are used to. I love losing myself in sung worship, worship where I feel comfortable. Psalms are great to sing but I do like a bit of music in my worship sometimes! There is a very good baptist church in town, I think that will be my first port of call when I go to church on my own.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates