0
Posted by Derrick on 13:04
The Cross

I wonder what it is about this picture that makes me feel as it does. In and of itself it is a silly picture. It's nice. Christ didn't die in a nice way though. He died in agony on a cross that had been used before and was probably used after. It was hot and ugly and painful.

Yet here we have a picture that moves me beyond belief. Perhaps it is because I don't know where this cross is. It's unique and it's about me. I know what Jesus did and this allows me to focus on it. This cross says to me that Christ died for me. It also says that this cross is empty and that it should have been me.

That's not to say that it makes me unhappy, far from it. This picture makes me so happy because I know that I will never be there. Christ has done it once and for all. It's a wonderful feeling.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates