0

No more debates with atheists?

Posted by Derrick on 22:09
Today the BBC religion and ethics department's message boards closed down. I have only been posting on it for a little while and it was rather frustrating. My impression of the BBC has always been that bit biased against Christianity. I have seen them criticise the Bible and suggest it is wrong. I have seen them portray Christians as sword wielding maniacs cutting the head off innocent Muslims (a programme called Bonekickers) and as for their showing of the Jerry Springer Opera, that was a dreadful thing. In the same time I have not seen them treat the koran and Islam in the same way.

This having been said, even Muslims come off badly when it comes to the secularist and atheist agenda being pushed on the British state television broadcaster. Whatever the likes of Dawkins and Hitchens say is treated as a wonderful snippet of amazing news. Christians are inept and unintelligent compared to them. The Big Questions (a series on Sundays occasionally) is a prime example. As far as the host of this programme is concerned all that Christians believe in can be summarised in the following list:

1: Homosexuality (bad, which is the exact opposite of precisely every person in the intelligent world)
2: Abortion (always bad even in the most desperate of circumstances)
3: Women Priests (against if you are Catholic or Evangelical, in favour if youare liberal but then you don't believe Jesus was real)
4: A literal six day creation ending in 4004 BC.

Of course any Christian reading this will realise that this is not the case and will no doubt recognise the way we're treated by many.

So back to the Message Board. The moderators of it were always quick to hide comments they deemed offensive (quite a lot of which were simple Christian comments) and it was full of atheists with their usual childish ranting and puerile arguments (I actually saw one write 'aw diddums' in response to a point they couldn't counter) but I liked them. It sharpened my skills of answering for my faith. It made me laugh. It made me realise how weak some Christians are at handling difficult questions.

I think I will find some other way to occupy my time but I think it's sad that the BBC cannot afford to keep it open (really BBC? Even after you take £140 from every household in the UK?). Good luck to all who contributed to it and I hope that some of them found out a little more about Jesus from it. I think I shall pray about that tonight.

Time for bed now. I shall try an be more profound tomorrow...

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates