0

Beginning a new series

Posted by Derrick on 08:30
I think I shall return to one of my favourite pastimes soon. As a child I loved to read. I was often in the village library, devouring books. The Asterix ones and Tintin ones were some of my favourite. However, it was the Narnia Chronicles which changed my life. Those books sang to me like almost no other has. I still get a thrill just thinking about the wardrobe, the walk through the mist that Shasta faces, the wood between the worlds, Aslan's How and so many other things. I know the stories of Diggory and Polly, Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy and Eustace Clarense Scrubb and Jill Pole so well. Lewis wrote with such gentleness and love that they are a fitting tribute to him. I would say that these books inspired my reading style. To this day, if I find a book I like, I then start to read every book by that author to get as much out of them as I can. I have read all the books by Lewis that I could access. I did the same with Patricia Cornwell, Louis de Bernieres, Terry Pratchett and Tom Clancy.

So, what I intend to do with my next seven posts is to write a short piece outlining what I see as the key Christian messages to be taken from these books. I am sure that you will have heard of them before but you never know

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates