0

Well, what a year!

Posted by Derrick on 09:13
Now, I know that there are not an awful lot of readers of my blog and that's ok. However, I have been very poor at posting this year. I have not posted since January and that is very bad of me.

It has not been a great year and it has been a great year!

Not long after my last post, my beautiful wife had a nasty accident. She fell over while taking our kids to school and badly broke her leg. She had to have a big operation to fix it and spent many weeks in rehab. I was able to get my mum to come up (cheers mum!) to help look after her but it was tough to see her like that.

We had recently started attending a new church (after all the bullying at our last one), I mean I had literally been three times before the accident and they stepped up and were amazing. Lifts were offered, money for taxis given food brought round (which was especially helpful after we also broke our oven!) and just amazing levels of support. They shone with the light of Jesus. Thank you lord for their support.

Since then, work has been incredibly busy (I shall not say too much here) and it has been a lot of pressure for me. I am still maintaining my sabbath which is great but I am not feeling the love of the job as much as I used to.

Who am I kidding? I have never loved this job. I just do it.

I have been praying about and thinking about what God wants me to do and, as yet, no answer!

So, you can see why I haven't written anything for a while but hopefully, that will change in the next few weeks as I have the Summer Holidays coming up and loads of stuff planned.

Let's see ...

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates