0

The Reformation

Posted by Derrick on 13:03
This year is the 500th anniversary of the beginning of Luther's protest against the Catholic Church. I won't say it is the anniversary of the Reformation as that is a little problematic. I am a reformed Christian. I firmly believe in the core doctrines of reformed theology; namely justification by faith alone, the inerrant and superior nature of scripture and the symbolic nature of communion.

I am working my way through a book about the Reformation. It is by Nick Page, an author I highly recommend (if you are looking for a book to read next Lent, I would suggest you read his book The Longest Week) and an author I enjoy greatly. His book isn't any great development in the field of Reformation scholarship but it is a great book nonetheless.

I studied the Reformation at A Level with Mr. Davies and Mr. Payne. I thoroughly enjoyed it and I think that it played a part in me becoming a Christian. It was through my studies of the Reformation that I first saw the joys of a decent hard Bible Study. I first engaged with Scripture and the meaning of the words in the Bible.

I am a Christian and I am not ashamed. As we go through this anniversary year I am increasingly grateful to the Reformation for bringing me closer to the truth. I am not ashamed to state my belief and never will be. As Luther famously said (or rather didn't) "here I stand, I can do no other!"



0 Comments

Post a Comment

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates