0

Church on the water

Posted by Derrick on 12:46
Yesterday was a very different church day. FIrstly, we were all able to go and both my wife and I got to hear the sermon. It was a very good on and I was very impressed with it. Secondly, and much more the pointof this post, it was Open Heaven last night. This si a gatheringof local churches (well i say local, they come from much of the west coast really) to worship and pray and fellowship together.

What made it more interesting still was the fact that it was on a boat! One of the members of our church owns a boat which offers cruises up and down the loch. We have been on it a couple fo times with visiting parents but he offered it to us for Open Heaven yesteday.

It was a beautiful time. If not quite beautiful weather. We set sail about half six and headed out over the loch to the sound of some excelletn worship. Our pastor's wife was leading worship (and she got in a couple of water themed songs which I found amusing) and there were about 70 of us, give or take.

The scenery was stunning, as always and was totally conducive to some decent time with God.


A photo posted by Derrick Roberts (@aberchristian) on

The thing is, I missed the sermon and I missed much of the worship because I was looking after the kids and chatting with some people who were downstairs. That, was wonderful. It was a real God appointment and I thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it.

I can't wait to do it again




A photo posted by Derrick Roberts (@aberchristian) on

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates