0

Enjoying the summer

Posted by Derrick on 11:09

It's been two weeks since I broke up for the summer. So far, it's been great. Lots of time with the family and lots of things done. I'm reading, I'm getting on with my Bible Plan and I'm praying more.

It's strange considering that things outside my control aren't going well. I'm nervous about later in the summer and my mother in law has been ill and that's stopped us visiting. God has totally used us though in unexpected ways. I never cease to be amazed at what He does and with what.

I'm preaching next week and this time I feel ready. I know what I'm preaching on and I think it's a wonderful passage with lots to teach me and those who are listening  (hopefully).

As happy as I am with everything though I feel a great weight. The world is getting worse. Dreadful things are happening and I don't know what to feel about it. Men and women and children are desperately trying to escape war and torture and dying in the sea. Bombs are going off and now those scenes in Nice.

I know God is the answer. He is Love and what the world needs is Love. All I can do is say the simple prayer 'Come Lord Jesus'. I know it's enough ...


0 Comments

Post a Comment

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates