0

My favourite book.

Posted by Derrick on 17:30
I have often said that my favourite book in the whole Bible is Philippians. When in doubt, search it out. Written near the end of Paul's journey it is full of joy and hope. It is something that reminds me of the joy of being a Christian. I intend to read it again and have some good prayer times with it.



In the meantime, here is a word cloud of the whole book


Having just read chapter one. Wow. Paul is amazing. Here he is in prison and what a joyful man. Shines through with his love of his disciples. There is no arrogance or conceit. He wants to stay to help, he is prepared to put off glory. He knows that preaching the gospel is his only job and he knows that it matters not how or where he does it. He just needs to do it.

I found the first chapter very inspiring. I met with a humble Paul. A Paul who knows what he has done, knows what still needs doing and wants to get it done. Funnily enough, this part of the book (in my favourite Bible) has the least amount of scribblings and highlights. Perhaps I have done it a disservice in the past. I am happy to rectify this.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates