0

Tired isn't quite the word

Posted by Derrick on 14:58
This week has been so tiring. My lovely wife had a minor operation on Monday and I had a day off with the Kids (it was a training day so not too difficult) but she had a complication after and had to stay in overnight. I was worried but lots of prayer and ringing around friends sorted everything out.

The working week has been relentless. So much to do and so many things that kept pushing their way to the top of my "to do" list. At home, I have had to pick up more jobs too as my wife is still recovering and then on Wednesday it was time for a leaders' meeting. This was fractious and complex (as always it seems) and I was just shattered.

On top of it, our youngest has been having difficulty sleeping again. He has some problems with his tummy that make it difficult for him to sleep. Waking at half 11, half 2, half 4 and then 6 in the morning doesn't make for a good sleep for me.

Now, I am not claiming in any way that I am worse off than anyone else. Please don't think that I am. See, through all of this, there is a constant. When my tiredness hits hard and the grumpiness starts to come out there is always a little thing from God. A reminder of his presence, a smile from the kids, a song on the radio.

Every day He is with me and he never leaves me. He never leaves me and he never forsakes me. I can rest assured that Jesus himself knew what it was to be tired. He had his nights without sleep and he had his stresses. He knows what I need to do.

He told me as much when in Matthew chapter 11 he says

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”


0 Comments

Post a Comment

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates