0

Leading the church

Posted by Derrick on 15:22
No, not being a church leader, rather leading the service. It is my turn on Sunday because the pastor and his wife are away helping at another church. I was talking to the man who is coming to preach this Sunday and told him that I was leading.

He said that my job was to lead the church into the presence of God and that really got me thinking. All to often we see the worship (sung praise) as the way of entering the presence but it isn't. It starts when we arrive and continues before the service. It includes the notices (!) and it includes what I choose to say before we start singing.

A verse that come to mind was Psalm 100 v 4

Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name

This is what we are meant to do. We need to sing praise and we need to listen to a sermon but more than that, before it all, we need to enter his gates with thanksgiving in our hearts ...

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates