0

Been away

Posted by Derrick on 14:20

I've been on holiday in Wales for a couple of days. Really saw the beauty of my old home village on our second night here.

I had to go to the shops in the late evening. I wanted to go and stand at my favourite place in the world to look at the scenery. It was as stunning as I remembered but the sun was setting and it gave a lustre all its own.

On the way back from the shops it was impossible to go far without having to stop and look.

Sometimes (and all too infrequently) it's like that with God. In the mundane and familiar there is a power that seeps out. God is a magnificent God who does things with beauty and power. But he's also a God who knows you intimately and loves that knowledge of your routines and your likes.

So there I was looking down Coronation Street (yes really) and I felt his presence with me.

As synapses fire and spark I find myself wondering about the Celtic concept of Thin Places. I shall investigate ...


0 Comments

Post a Comment

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates