0

The time is near

Posted by Derrick on 12:48

Today, in Northern Ireland, a man is on trial. He is on trial for saying that Islam is a heathen and Satanic religion. Whilst he is on trial because he broadcast an apparently 'grossly offensive' sermon, I think that he is basically on trial for saying that Jesus isn't the only way to God. This is the country we live in. The core message of the Bible is on trial and I have no idea where the case will go.

James McConnell preached a sermon that was then broadcast online. He was not very conciliatory and was a little too fire and brimstone for my liking. He was not loving and he made a mistake (in my opinion) to label all Muslims in one way. We need to share the gospel with love and grace and I don't think he did. However, the message, that Jesus is the only way to God is, in my opinion, sound. 

Scripture makes this clear; John 14:6 says it explicitly and the rest of the Bible is also just as clear. However, we live in a world where all religions have the same ending apparently. It is wrong to say that ours is right. The problem is, they can't all be right.

Christianity says that God is a Triune God, Father Son and Holy Spirit. Jesus died on the cross and rose again and was the fulfillment of the Law and the Prophets. Islam says God is one. Jesus didn't die on the cross and was merely a (albeit very special one) prophet. They can't both be right.

Christianity says there is one (triune) God. Hinduism says there are many gods. They can't both be right.

Christianity says there is a God. Buddhism says there is no god. They can't both be right.

I think Christianity is right and I reject all the other religions. I love all of them dearly because they, like me, are sinners loved by God. I don't hate them, I don't dislike them and I will do my best to convince as many as I can. 

Nothing can stop me saying that Jesus is the only way to God. Even though we live in the world Paul foretold where


For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather round them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.
I have a wonderful piece of artwork on my wall at home, bought by my beautiful wife. It is a mock up of a train ticket which contains a reference to Joshua 24:15 But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.’

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates