0

Family eh ...

Posted by Derrick on 11:36
Yet another reference to Matthew 10 today (see yesterday's post). Made me think about families.

You see, none of my family (except my beautiful wife) are Christians. I have spent a good deal of time wondering if they will become Christians. I used to worry about it a lot but these days I trust god a lot more than I used to.

The issue is though; how much of a 'Christian' should I be? We have a party coming up soon with lots of family there. There will be drinking, swearing, lewdness and general being an idiotness.Should I sit in the corner and tut away? Not go? Dip my toe in the water? Dive in? I don't know really. Scripture says that we are to be salt and light but we also need to be in the world sharing the Gospel. how are we to share the Gospel if we never mix?

Worst part of it is though, that many of the family use Jesus Christ as an extra piece of punctuation!


Guess I will have to try and remember Exodus 20:12

Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates