0
Posted by Derrick on 20:36
It has been an interesting couple of weeks. One particular thorn in my side still but this post isn't about that. We seem to have found a lovely place to live but have a massive dilemma. Too many wonderful churches to choose from. Each has their own pros and cons and each is lovely. As we are no longer in England, the local Church of England church is out of the question! There is an equivalent but I'm not so sure. Today, we went for the second time to the local Free Church of Scotland church. It has truly breathtaking views down the loch. Enough to make you want to get to your knees and praise God. I haven't done that yet, given the fact that it is so wet at the minute but you never know. Services are a little different though. No music really. My charismatic innards are struggling with the inability to raise my hands in worship. I know I could do it if I wanted to but it isn't really something that seems to accompany Psalms sung in plainsong. Lots of good prayer in the service and some excellent teaching. Coffee (or rather tea for me of course and a cold drink for my lovely wife) is excellent and the company wonderful. It is a little tiring to be in such a small community that as soon as you point out that you only moved in recently (still less that a month for us)they immediately know who you are and what your job is. I think we will make this one our home for a little while. It will be good to see what God has in mind for us to do. I would love to do some more preaching (having only done it a handful of times, I do enjoy it) and teaching but it is up to God. Rarely in my life have I known so surely that the place I am in is the place God had in mind for me. His hand has been on everything we have done in terms of the move and settling in etc. Praise the Lord. Proverbs 4:5 Get wisdom, get understanding; do not forget my words or turn away from them.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates