0

Prayer

Posted by Derrick on 15:08
I have been praying a little more lately, not as often as I should but more than I had done for a while. DW (Darling Wife) and I are praying again together but it seems to be when we need things. I wonder if god truly does mind.

The shopping list thing is difficult at times for me as I find the urge to pray when I need something or someone is ill. Dad was ill yesterday as was DW who needed some urgent attention to her foot. A friend of ours is very ill and we are praying for him. In fact I shall break for a moment. Just prayed for him again.

I have yet to find a satisfactory way of praying. A way that is satisfactory to me that is.

I've tried ACTS (Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving and Supplication, for those who've never done the Alpha Course) and I've tried teaspoon (TSP - Thank You, Sorry, Please). I have even tried what Jesus suggested (how innovative) when he talks about prayer in the gospels. I cannot seem to get into a regular pattern.

I wonder how people would view me if I were to try the rosary. I mentioned this the other day to a wonderfully ardent Christian young lady who practically threw the bible at me for suggesting such a thing. Yet, I do not know. My worship of God is sadly lacking in terms of experiences that could be described as Catholic. I have never worshipped in a Catholic service and I think perhaps I should.

Would that prayer was as easy as it appears with other faiths. Are Muslims more ardent or is organised corporate prayer the way to go?

I guess I shall have to pray on it!

Malachi 3:6 was helpful today when I was praying for my sick friend. The God who loved him yesterday will do so tomorrow and does so today. Wonderfully enough, I was listening to Yesterday, Today and Forever by Vicky Beeching when I finished that prayer.



0 Comments

Post a Comment

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates