0

More music

Posted by Derrick on 12:25
Here is another tune that I enjoy listening to. It is not by a Christian artist (although I am sure the author of the piece the film is based on was), it still has a wonderful way of making me think about God.

Non nobis domine is a latin term taken from psalm 115:1. In Latin it reads Non nobis, Non nobis domino,Sed nomini tuo da gloriam. This translates (thank you Wikipedia!) into, not to us, not to us lord, but to your name give glory.

It makes me wonder about the times I have done things and been proud. I rarely give the glory to God. In fact I think I almost never do. I wish I was so willing to accept the 'glory' when things have gone wrong.

Here is the section from Henry V with Sir Kenneth Brannagh. Enjoy


0 Comments

Post a Comment

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates